About WordPress Accessibility Meetup
As part of our commitment to giving back and sharing knowledge, we run an official WordPress meetup centered on building more accessible websites with WordPress.
The WordPress Accessibility Meetup is a global group of WordPress developers, designers, and users interested in building more accessible websites. The group meets twice per month for presentations on a variety of topics related to making WordPress websites that can be used by people of all abilities.
Meetups take place on the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 AM U.S. central time and on the third Monday of the month at 7 PM U.S. central time.
- Approved for Continuing Accessibility Education Credits (CAECs) from the IAAP
- Meetups are free and take place via Zoom.
- Two time slots per month allow attendees from around the world to join.
- All meetups are live captioned.
- When sponsorship allows, ASL interpreters are available.
- Captioned recordings and transcripts available after every event.
All meetups are held virtually via Zoom so you can join from anywhere. Our meetups are live captioned and some have ASL interpretation. RSVP on Meetup.com to access the Zoom event link.
- Auditing GiveWP for Accessibility: Alex Stine, Amber Hinds, & Matt Cromwell on February 3rd at 8:00 AM UTC
- Top Takeaways from the A11y Rules Podcast: Nicolas Steenhout on February 21st at 5:00 PM UTC
- WordPress Accessibility Meetup – First Thursday Morning (U.S.) on March 3rd at 8:00 AM UTC
- U.S. Web Accessibility Laws in 2022: Lainey Feingold on March 21st at 5:00 PM UTC
Thank you to our sponsors who cover the costs of our meetup and help make live captioning, ASL interpretation, and post-event transcription possible. Contact us to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Past Event Recordings
Need to catch up on past events? Watch or read a recap of all previous WordPress Accessibility Meetups below. Thanks to Empire Caption Solutions for donating transcription and captioning services.
Like a meetup? Post about it on social media using #WPa11yMeetup!
Meetups held in 2022
Meetups held in 2021
- Testing FacetWP for Accessibility: Joyce Oshita & Chris Lane
- How to Create Accessible Captioned Videos for WordPress Sites & Beyond: Meryl Evans
- Building a Custom Plugin with an Accessibility First Approach: Phil Webster
- How to Use NVDA (Screen Reader): Glen Walker
- Best Practices for Screen Reader Text: Nick Croft
- How Ignoring Accessibility Costs You And Your Clients: Colleen Gratzer
- How to Run User Test with Real-World Users: Amber Hinds
- 4 Ways to Learn Accessibility: Joe Simpson
- All About WP Accessibility: Joe Dolson
- Five Reasons to Make Websites Accessible: Bet Hannon
- The Importance of Making Your WordPress Backend Accessible: Taylor Arndt
- How to Test Your Website for Accessibility Problems: Amber Hinds
Get event reminders and recaps in your inbox.
Subscribe to our Focus State newsletter and get 2 emails a month with meetup and website accessibility news delivered conveniently to your inbox.