We’re Committed to Digital Accessibility
Equalize Digital believes in digital equality. Our mission is to make the web more accessible for our team members, for our clients, for everyone.
More than 1 billion people in the world and 1 in 4 American adults have a disability which may prevent them from using or interacting with the online world in a traditional manner. As a creator of websites, applications, and digital content, it is our social responsibility to ensure everything we build or create is usable by people of all abilities.
Customer Accessibility & Community
We strive to develop products designed to be usable to the greatest extent possible by everyone. This includes designing and developing from an accessibility-first perspective and providing education to clients and team members about how certain elements or decisions may impact accessibility.
Building a better, more accessible internet is a responsibility that all humans share and we are proud to provide the knowledge and tools that enable our clients and team members to meet that responsibility. Our goal is to ensure that everyone has equal access to information and tools on the web.
Outside of client projects, we provide free education and tools, speak publically about the importance of accessibility, partner with globally recognized organizations like the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, and create robust internal systems to ensure the solutions we deploy are usable by all. Equalize Digital is proud to be leading the charge in making the internet more open to disabled individuals.
Accessibility On Our Website
Our website is structured in a way that allows those of all abilities to easily and quickly find the information they need.
Ongoing Efforts to Ensure Accessibility on Our Website
We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 as our guiding principle. These are internationally agreed-upon standards that cover a wide range of recommendations and best practices for making content more accessible. As we develop new pages and functionality for our website, all designs, code, and content entry practices are checked against these standards.
We continually test content and features for WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance and remediate any issues to ensure we meet or exceed the standards. Where possible, we strive to meet AAA success criteria in addition to AA success criteria.
Testing of our website is performed by our accessibility experts using industry-standard tools such as Accessibility Checker, WAVE, screen readers, color contrast analyzers, keyboard-only navigation techniques, and Flesch-Kincaid readability tests.
Accessibility Features On Our Website
The following is a list of items we have included in our website to improve its accessibility:
- Our website design has a mobile-responsive version with appropriately sized tap-targets.
- We have thoughtfully selected a font that has marked differences in commonly ambiguous characters, such as the number 1, lowercase l, and uppercase I.
- Our brand colors were intentionally selected for color contrast and meet AAA requirements, even for small text.
- Navigational aids are provided on all pages. Skip navigation links have been incorporated to facilitate keyboard navigation and to bypass content on a page, allowing users to jump directly to the primary navigation, main content, and footer.
- Our website declares a language in the header.
- All images and other non-text elements have appropriate alternative text associated with them.
- Structural markup to indicate expected section containers, headings, lists, and buttons has been provided to make our content more understandable and “skim-able” by all users, regardless of device.
- Forms are associated with labels and instructions on filling in forms are available, along with clearly understandable error states.
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) screen-reader only text is present when links, buttons, icons, or images require additional context to understand their meaning.
- A warning is provided before links open in a new tab or window.
Accessibility Support Contact
We welcome comments, questions, and feedback on our website. If you notice aspects of the site that don’t work for you or your assistive technology, please let us know. We will do our best to assist you and resolve issues.
Last updated: September 20, 2023