Make Your WordPress Website Accessible
Accessibility Checker by Equalize Digital provides easy to understand accessibility error and warning notifications right on your post and page edit screens.
Automatically scan your content each time you save a draft or hit publish and receive real-time feedback on your post’s or page’s accessibility. No waiting for an external scan to run or relying on expensive third-party APIs with per page or per scan fees.
Receive a visual overview of how your content stacks up against more than 40 different accessibility checks created to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 success criteria. Each item is identified as an error or warning depending upon its severity so that you can prioritize fixes.
- No limits on pages scanned.
- Coded and tested by WAS certified accessibility experts.
- WCAG 2.1 A, AA, & AAA guidance.
- Readability analysis & auto insertion of simplified summary.
- Detailed documentation and phone support available.
Get Started for Free
Start scanning your WordPress posts and pages for free with Accessibility Checker. Try before you buy or use as an accessibility monitoring tool to keep an already accessible website compliant. Perfect for beginners and simple websites.
Pro Features and Priority Support
Scan more with Accessibility Checker Pro. Add accessibility consultants and developers to your team with a priority support package. Equalize Digital offers accessibility products specifically designed for WordPress websites of all sizes and budgets.
Accessibility Checker Pro
Take Accessibility Checker further. Upgrade to Pro for full site scanning, scanning of custom post types, admin columns so you can quickly see accessibility status at a glance, centralized lists of all open issues and items ignored, and more. Includes email support on plugin usage and features.
A team of accessibility experts and developers ready to help you make your website accessible. Available via phone or email when needed to provide consultation, training, and custom code accessibility fixes for your website. Plans start at 2 hours per month with a fixed cost and no long-term contracts.
Below is information on how to use Accessibility Checker to make your WordPress website more accessible and explanations of the errors and warnings included in the Accessibility Checker rules. If you need support, please reference How to Get Support for Accessibility Checker.
- How to Install & Activate Accessibility Checker
- Getting Started Quick Guide
- Why Do We Say 100% Passed Tests, Not 100% Accessible?
- How to Manually Check Your Website for Accessibility
- When and How to Ignore Accessibility Errors or Warnings
- What to do if There are Accessibility Errors in Your Theme
- What to do if a Plugin You’re Using has Accessibility Errors
- Can I Hire Equalize Digital to Fix Accessibility Issues on My Website?
- Additional Resources for Learning About Accessibility
- How to Test Accessibility Checker for Conflicts with Themes or Plugins
- How to Remove Rules (Advanced)
- Ambiguous Anchor Text
- Blinking or Scrolling Content
- Broken ARIA Reference
- Broken Skip or Anchor Link
- Duplicate Form Label
- Empty Button
- Empty Heading Tag
- Empty Link
- Empty or Missing Form Label
- Empty or Missing Table Header
- iFrame Missing Title
- Image Map Missing Alternative Text
- Image Missing or Empty Alternative Text
- Incorrect Heading Order
- Insufficient Color Contrast
- Linked Image Missing or Empty Alternative Text
- Long Description Invalid
- Missing Language Declaration
- Missing Title
- Missing Transcript
- Readability & Simplified Summary
- A Slider is Present
- A Video is Present
- ARIA Hidden
- Duplicate Alternative Text
- Image Animated GIF
- Image Long Alternative Text
- Link Opens New Window or Tab
- Link to MS Office File
- Link to Non-HTML File
- Link to PDF
- Low-quality Alternative Text
- Missing Subheadings
- Possible Heading
- Tab Order Modified
- Text Justified
- Text Too Small
- Underlined Text