We’re excited to announce that we’re hiring a Web Developer to join our team. This is a salaried position that will begin at 3/4 time (30 hours per week) and is expected to go full-time within twelve months.
About Equalize Digital
Based in Georgetown, Texas, we’re a Certified B Corporation with a small team of creatives and web experts located around the world, each of whom contributes unique local community experiences along with their technical talents. This geographic diversity is a strong asset as we work with clients not only from coast to coast but also across the Atlantic and Pacific.
Equalize Digital is a WordPress VIP Silver Agency Partner, specializing in building highly custom, accessibility-first websites and web applications. We have a premium WordPress plugin, Accessibility Checker, that audits websites for accessibility errors and displays results directly in the WordPress admin dashboard. We organize the official WordPress Accessibility Meetup and are advocates for web accessibility in all we do.
Everything we do is driven by our core values.
We believe that there is a difference between “work” and “how you make a living.” We believe that joy can be found in work, but we also believe that there is more to life than work. In every interaction, we strive to increase impact and add long-term value to our clients and our employees.
We believe in being available when our clients need us and doing our part to keep our online world running smoothly, without sacrificing the things that matter most. We also believe in being present for our families, taking an afternoon off to watch a school play, and weekends spent away from a screen.
We believe that our actions can bring change, and we believe in inspiring others to be change agents in their businesses. There can always be more, we can always be better, and we can always grow both personally and professionally.
Web Developers at Equalize Digital create, maintain, and update features on both internal and customer websites. They work independently to maximize customer success and satisfaction by delivering best-in-class results on each and every task, which frees up senior developers and company leadership to focus on larger projects and other strategic priorities.
- Full stack developer
- Understands both back-end and front-end development.
- Extremely competent at local dev and Git version control (Github and Bitbucket).
- Experience with Composer, preprocessors, and NPM.
- WordPress proficiency
- Proven understanding of the WordPress CMS.
- Solid grasp of WordPress architecture, mainstream themes and plugins, and building custom themes.
- Experience with Genesis, Astra, Elementor, Gravity Forms, Advanced Custom Fields, Facet WP, Restrict Content Pro, and WooCommerce are all beneficial.
- Comfortable building websites utilizing the WordPress core block editor and proficient at coding custom WordPress blocks.
- General web/cloud software familiarity
- Familiarity with Google Workspace, SMTP, DNS, SSL
- Familiarity with Hosting Platforms (Flywheel, WP Engine, Siteground, GoDaddy), Cloudflare, and major browsers / operating systems.
- Observes best practices
- Solutions adhere to commonly accepted best practices for accessibility (WCAG), responsive design, page speed, and SEO principles.
- A solid grasp of web design and UX principles is highly desirable.
- Effective troubleshooter
- Able to research, identify, and test solutions independently.
- Capable of navigating unfamiliar software platforms to achieve specific outcomes.
- Recognizes when they may have hit a wall and asks for help.
- Naturally helpful
- Enjoys helping and communicating with clients directly.
- Proactively considers client needs and creates a positive, supportive experience.
We are not limiting this search to specific location(s) or countries; anyone can apply, however all applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English. The ability to align work schedules with USA time zones is highly desirable.
These are the qualities we value in our team:
- Intelligence. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Builds trust, maintains confidence and focuses on doing the right thing.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard across all channels of communication.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Open to Critique. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism.
- With limited support from CTO, leads the development of new website projects, delivering work that aligns with designs and technical specifications.
- Adds new features to existing websites and collaborates directly with customers to collect feedback and achieve a final deliverable.
- Monitors support channels and project dashboard communications for new tasks and responds appropriately. Prioritizes tasks effectively based on the company’s support policy and feedback from CTO.
- Manage development and support tasks independently, and demonstrates sufficient situational awareness to escalate tasks to the CTO or COO, when appropriate.
- Test and run updates on a handful of complex WordPress environments on a monthly basis. Follows company’s update procedures and proactively investigates update failures, remediating errors/bugs when necessary.
Experience & Education
Minimum three years in a similar role and either a Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or a Full-Stack Code Bootcamp Certificate.
This is a salaried position for 3/4 time (30 hours per week) with potential to increase to full-time within 12 months.
Expected starting salary range will be $50k – $60k, depending upon qualifications. Salary will increase when the position goes full-time.
Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage is available for US Residents.
Paid time off includes 10 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year.