We’re excited to announce that we’re hiring a Content Specialist to join our team. This is a full-time, 100% remote position with benefits that will do work for both of our brands, Equalize Digital, and our full-service digital marketing agency, Road Warrior Creative.
About Our Brands
Based in Georgetown, Texas, we’re a Certified B Corporation with a small team of creatives and web experts located around the world, each of whom contributes unique local community experiences along with their technical talents. This geographic diversity is a strong asset as we work with clients not only from coast to coast but also across the Atlantic and Pacific.
Our small team prides itself on delivering a boutique agency experience with big agency results, under our two distinct brands.
Equalize Digital is a WordPress VIP Silver Agency Partner, specializing in building highly custom, accessibility-first websites and web applications. We have a SaaS product, Accessibility Checker, that audits websites for accessibility errors and displays results directly in the WordPress admin dashboard, making it easier for developers, designers, and content managers to make and maintain websites that are free of accessibility errors and that work for everyone. We organize the official WordPress Accessibility Meetup and are advocates for web accessibility in all we do.
Road Warrior Creative
Road Warrior Creative is the marketing, design, and website optimization department for clients across the globe. We partner with businesses looking to grow and polish their online presence, offering social media management, blog writing, search engine optimization, and email marketing, among other services.
Note: As our first brand and “parent company,” all members of our team are employees of Road Warrior Creative, LLC, though they split their time between both Road Warrior Creative and Equalize Digital.
Everything we do is driven by our core values.
There is a difference between “work” and “how you make a living.” We believe that joy can be found in work, but we also believe that there is more to life than work. In every interaction, we strive to increase impact and add long-term value to our clients and our employees.
We believe in being available when our clients need us and doing our part to keep our online world running smoothly, without sacrificing the things that matter most. We also believe in being present for our families, taking an afternoon off to watch a school play, and weekends spent away from a screen.
We believe that our actions can bring change, and we believe in inspiring others to be change agents in their businesses. There can always be more, we can always be better, and we can always grow both personally and professionally.
Open Source Employee Handbook
For anyone who works with us, we believe honesty and transparency are the cornerstones of any successful working relationship. Want to know exactly how we operate? Click here to view our open-source employee handbook.
Content Specialist Job Description
Content Specialists at Equalize Digital/Road Warrior Creative create and adapt content for use across the web and social media, measurably improving social media and search engine performance in support of both internal and client digital marketing campaigns.
Content created by our content specialists excites audiences, increases engagement, and positively grows the brand reputation for our clients and company.
- Drafting copy for blog posts, website pages, and email newsletters.
- Social media posts, scheduling, and engagement, including the creation of simple graphics.
- Content production planning across multiple platforms in support of established marketing strategy.
- Entering web page content in the WordPress block editor and Elementor page builder.
- Attending and assisting in the management of online webinars and meetups.
- Experienced copywriter. Proven track record of high-volume, low-error content production that has ranked on page 1 of Google. Ability to shift the “voice” they write with to suit client needs. Creates content that compels users to engage.
- Working knowledge of SEO, Social, Email Marketing. Demonstrates a solid understanding of SEO fundamentals, best practices for major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok), and email marketing (MailChimp, Zoho Campaigns) best practices. Must have real-world professional experience in each of these areas.
- Capable researcher. Able to independently seek out, document, and interpret facts and information in support of marketing or research projects. Some exposure to data analysis tools like AHREFS or Agency Analytics is a plus.
- Has managed content pipelines. Highly capable at content production planning. Familiar with project management software (Basecamp), social media scheduling tools (Buffer), and CMS (WordPress).
- Creative risk-taker. Comes up with new ideas to achieve internal and client-facing marketing objectives. Able to present new ideas eloquently. Takes action on ideas and conducts experiments in a highly communicative way.
- Familiar with accessibility best practices. Long-term success in this position will require a familiarity with WCAG and other accessibility best practices. CPACC or similar certifications are a major plus, but not required.
- Community management experience is a plus. Any experience running Meetup or Facebook groups and building online communities centered around a product would give this position significant upward mobility in our organization as we grow our product offering.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar role and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or four additional years of professional marketing experience in lieu of a degree). Note: this is not a senior-level position.
All applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English. Location in the continental United States is preferred, though any candidates located in USA timezones will be considered.
These are the qualities we value in our team:
- Intelligence. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Builds trust, maintains confidence and focuses on doing the right thing.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard across all channels of communication.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Open to Critique. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism.
This is a full-time, salaried, remote position. Salary range of $35k – $55k, depending upon individual experience and skillset. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- Paid time off + 10 paid holidays + time off for volunteering and voting.
- Reimbursement for continuing education, training, and certifications.
- Reimbursement for travel and accommodations related to speaking at conferences.
- Coffee break allowance if working in coffee shops.
- Annual bonuses based on company performance.
How To Apply
- Fill out our application form below.
- If we believe you may be a good fit for this position, we’ll contact you for an initial phone interview (accommodations available if a phone interview does not work for your abilities).
- Following the initial interview, selected candidates will be asked to submit several examples of past work for our team to review.
- If your past work examples meet our standards, we will contact you for a second, video interview.
- After contacting references to verify information, we will offer the position to the best candidate.
This position is no longer open. Thank you for your interest!